Notes From Nature Talk

In Firefox 29.0, Enter key is ignored for pull-down menus

• ghewson by ghewson

In pull-down menus it's possible to press Enter instead of clicking on the OK button. However, this has stopped working in Firefox 29.0.

I've submitted a more detailed bug report to Mozilla at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1008244.

A developer is asking for a smaller test case, but I'm out of my depth here. Would it be possible for an NfN/Zooniverse developer to engage with Mozilla?

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Thank you for posting this. :^) Otherwise would have made me miserable as I use Firefox at both home and work for transcribing... I have turned off updates until this is resolved.

For anyone with Firefox, it's under Tools->Options->Advanced->Update tab.

Posted

• robgur by robgur scientist, admin

Seems like a definite bug in Firefox, and I would be willing to engage with Mozilla to fix this...

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson in response to robgur's comment.

Thanks, but it seems Mozilla have created a minimised test case and the bug should be easy to fix.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Firefox 30 released today... I bit the bullet and installed it, having skipped 29 due to this problem. It appears to work properly; the behavior of the Enter key on dropdown menus is as it was before. That interface is going to take some getting used to, however! 😃

You can update through Help->About->Check for updates as the manual downloads are still only v29.

Posted