Notes From Nature Talk

Not recording record count

• wreness by wreness

Hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place! I have been working on the Bugs for a few days and my count for records done is at 36. It will go up as I do them (last night I was at 112, then signed out for the night , but if I refresh the entire page or when I sign out and back in, it begins again at 36. I have probably done in the area of 200. I read others commenting about this (a month old already) but was wondering what to do about this. I have done a lot today, too, but it is at 36 as i just signed on again. My life will be an empty hold until I win that badge for doing 100 records, but it is nice to see your accomplishment as you go (and congrats darryluk!) Any info is appreciated...thanks!

Posted

• Geek2 by Geek2

Mine keeps resetting to 0! 😦

Posted

• wreness by wreness

I still have not heard from anyone regarding this. My count is now up to 41 though I have easily done over 360. It's very disappointing especially since I have spent entire days here doing this every spare minute I had. It was fun, now it's just aggrivating. There are several issues with the drop down menus used to transcribe the data, and I am one who researches counties, missing info...everything I can to add to the accuracy and info to make each transcription as complete as I can. I have been the only person ON here most of the time I'm on. Is anyone even reading these or paying any attention to these reported issues? I've gone to another area to "work" out of frustration that no one can pop their head in and answer people here.

Posted

• joanball by joanball scientist

Hi there! I work in the Essig Entomology Museum with the Calbug project, and try to answer questions when I can. Unfortunately, I can't personally answer most of the bugs questions like this, because we have no control over programming of this site. So, I ask people who can work on it and wait for their responses.

However, I can say that we are still getting your data despite inaccurate totals and that this issue is now a top priority for fixing.

Posted

• sraden by sraden

Hello there, sorry you are experiencing difficulties. We believe we traced through that at least one case where a volunteer's personal count is related to a browser setting. If you have time, check this document you can confirm a symptom for this. You can message me directly if you are able to confirm the symptom.

Posted

• sraden by sraden

wreness

We pushed a code change that may solve this problem. If you can attempt another classification and let us know the result, much obliged.

Posted

• biggsjrex by biggsjrex

I am having a problem with the Calbug site that just appeared. When I finish transcribing the first record that appears, the site will not load a second record. When I leave the site and come back, the one record I did transcribe was not added to my total.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

I am still stuck on 7750, however many I do. The cookies suggestion didn't help the box was already unchecked!

Posted

• joanball by joanball scientist

I think that the problem of not advancing to the next record is resolved (let me know if it still happens for you). They are scheduled to work on remaining issues at the end of next week, and individual progress records are top priority. We do still get the data that you transcribe.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Herbarium has been on 55% completion 28,866 / 52,552 records for a while, possibly since the new records were added when it ran out and appeared to be down...

Posted

• micmac274 by micmac274

Repeating the comment about Herbarium being stuck at 28,866. If it's because less than four people have processed the same images, because there are quite a lot of new ones, I understand (since there are just under 24000 new records, theoretically, you have to key a lot before you start doing verification). Calbug records go up slower than the amount I key because of this.

It could also be an error check designed to stop things like 28,867/28,866 not working properly when new content is added.

Posted

• ibclc2 by ibclc2

I have been transcribing on and off for many months, and have not seen any improvement in the information presented in "A Transcriber's Life". Most recently, it has the ridiculous statement that I transcribed 199 records in one hour. I like to transcribe, but I don't do it at the rate of 3 - 4 transcriptions per minute for a solid hour. As others have noted, it is disappointing to see these issues continue for so long. Volunteers do this because they are interested and because they have the desire to help. Giving accurate feedback seems to be a small thing to ask in return.

Posted

• reddder by reddder in response to ibclc2's comment.

I totally agree with your statement. Accurate feedback is important, but, sometimes, I'd be happy to get any feedback on the progress being made in the various projects. It's somewhat akin to OLIVER: you want more!?!?

Posted