Notes From Nature Talk

MACROFUNGI-FAQs (need answers from scientist)

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

1. This does not need to be entered. We need to correct the documentation.
    2. Correct!
    3. Correct! Ideally the images should look similar in the sense that they are of the same organism.
    4. They may not match exactly. We are interested in your feedback about when they do not to see if we can improve the feature, but we do not expect you to note this every time it happens.
    5. Correct!
    6. If a label is blank then you skip the record. That would be best. This is record to us on the "back end." Further you do not need to enter data that does not fit into a category.

Hope this helps and thank you so much!

Posted

• lizwizCYLS by lizwizCYLS

Please advise:

Is it possible to go back to the beginning of the records that I have input for repairs? (due to more experience then RE-reading the instructions I now realize there were errors &/or omissions)

IF it is possible THEN what is the procedure to get back either to the beginning OR to step back thru (this feature was available & utilized by me doing the Zooniverse "Old Weather" Logs

THX EH! (this is fun)

Posted

• micmac274 by micmac274

Image ANN0003bwq is in german Link here:http://talk.notesfromnature.org/?&_ga=1.71032083.223991990.1448578500#/subjects/ANN0003bwq , and it doesn't appear to have the location specified. They might have used an old shorthand for it.

Posted

• Taubenus by Taubenus in response to micmac274's comment.

State: Sachsen , County: Meißen , Locality: Nossen
    The german note means "on rotting leaves" (with an old-fashioned dative 😃 )

Posted

• Taubenus by Taubenus in response to micmac274's comment.

I forgot the transliteration of the german note: "An faulendem Laube". It's not a shorthand, but simply old german cursive. Thanks God not Sütterlin, which is virtually illegible.

Posted

• astroboyOW by astroboyOW

Should we record the notes done at a later time? Some of these have diagrams and sketches...

Posted