Notes From Nature Talk

Lacking most of the information

• carolely by carolely

The label has only the scientific name and a question about that. Should I create a record and leave all the other fields blank?

Posted

• SandersClan by SandersClan

I vote yes.

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson

Yes, then it'll be flagged as needing more information.

Posted

• carolely by carolely

Thanks for the help. It seems I lost this page when I started this discussion so I never got to enter it. However, I'll know what to do next time.

Posted

• nosenabook by nosenabook

I'm glad to know what to do as well, when I saw one like this, I passed on to the next specimen.

Posted

• nosenabook by nosenabook in response to ghewson's comment.

Responding to ghewson, it sounds like it is better to leave a field blank than enter "none given" say, for the reference. I started doing that because it was easier than arguing with the form - YES skip this field - and because R. K. Godfrey rarely gives a reference.

I'll leave that field blank from here on out, unless or until I hear different.

Posted

• xairbusdriver by xairbusdriver

I seem to have found a "Top Secret" specimen, twice! 😉 If you come across Image ANN000039x, you'll see what I mean. The 'Location' info seems to te a test site for White Out(r)! "...N side of _______ Creek Road (S of Rte ___), ca. ___ air mi ESE of ______. _____________________ of Sec _____" I sure hope L. C. Anderson didn't get into any trouble finding that specimen! 8) LOL!

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson in response to xairbusdriver's comment.

Ah yes, I had that, and tagged it #redaction. But if you search for that tag, there are 0 results! Spookyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Posted

• SandersClan by SandersClan in response to xairbusdriver's comment.

I can't decide whether this is a Roswell, thing, the MIB, or what!

Posted

Was asked to transcribe this one, Image ANN00002q6. Is this a test?! I tried using some lemon juice on the screen but it still didn't help display the secret writing. Now I've got ants all over the desktop... can I send the exterminators bill to Zooniverse? LOL!
    This time I added the #error hashtag.

Posted

• carolely by carolely

I had that one, too, or one similar. I guess my years experience trying to read students' handwriting has been helpful in not being surprised by anything!

Posted

Found a very interesting one! Could it be in France? The note seems to be written in French. All I can read is the Scientific name: Arbutus unedo which checks as vaild. I just entered that and put a "no_label" hashtag on it. Oh well...

I'm not even sure the image "name" is valid! Seems strangely unhelpful. 8+|
    Image ANN0000sbx

Posted