Notes From Nature Talk

Deleted topic

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey @Bonnie123 -- this isn't a glitch. Most Zooniverse projects work this way: if you go to Talk, then come back, you'll see a new subject being served. Same thing for if you leave the site, close your browser, etc. You'll get a new subject. I'm afraid that the page that went away is gone for now (sorry!) but there are many, many other really cool pages still out there for you to explore!

Has Notes from Nature not always worked that way? At Condor Watch, they tell me that it used to be that if you left, you'd get the same subject that you had before when you returned, but that recently changed?

My advice is, if you want to keep the subject you're working on but still check Talk, to always open Talk in a second window or a new tab. You can do this by right-clicking (or, on a Mac, holding Shift and clicking) on the link and selecting "open in new tab." (On a Mac, at least, you can also hold Command while you click.) This way, you won't lose the subject you're working on. 😃

I'll defer your other two questions to the science team. Hope this helps!!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I may be able to implement a quick fix for the Discuss-button issue in Ornithological. Give me a day or two...

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Okay. Made a quick change so that Discuss in Ornithological opens a new tab automatically, meaning that it is impossible to lose your page by hitting Discuss.

Will that work for now? 😃 Thanks!!

(It's up for real now! I jumped the gun slightly on this post before. 😃 )

Posted

• robgur by robgur scientist, admin

@DZM, thanks. That is a big help.

Posted