Notes From Nature Talk

Badges

• DZM by DZM admin

Someone who is more familiar with Notes help me out here... How do badges typically work with this project?

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Whenever you transcribe enough to earn the next one, a brief popup will appear on the right side of the browser window. To see which ones you have, go to the Notes From Nature main page and click on your name at the top after "Collections About Talk Blog".

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

@Bonnie123, okay, we can try to figure out what's causing this...

May I ask what browser you're using, and if you're using any plugins? Sometimes things like ad-blockers can end up messing with image display.

Can you see the badges if you use a different browser?

Can other volunteers here still see their badges?

Thanks!!

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Yup, I go to the profile page and they are there in Firefox and Chrome at least.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Alright, I will bring this up with the devs on Monday (our new designated bug-fixing day) and see what we can do. Thanks!

Posted

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

Same here, not seeing anything. Still going to keep working hard, but I would love to see the badges. Know you guys only have so many resources, and I would understand if you can't easily fix it. Just let us know. Thanks.

Posted

• robgur by robgur scientist, admin

@Bonnie123 --- I totally agree! @DZM: Shall I post an issue to the issue tracker?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Yes, @robgur -- please do. There is a LOT going on right now, but I can see if I can point someone in the right direction... !

Posted

• Mikerollem by Mikerollem

Hi

I've brought this up before - every time I start transcribing Calbug - my total is 72 and it goes up by 1 for each one I transcribe, but gets reset to 72 when I start my next session. I would like to know how many transcriptions I've done, though not too bothered about badges.

If the individuals' totals are wrong then the global stats may also be, possibly very badly, wrong.

Posted

posting to the current open issue on github.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to robgur's comment.

Hey @robgur, I see the open issue from May 23, 2014, but not any post from you? Added my own... Did you post somewhere else on GitHub that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!!

Posted

Please forgive if this is a truely stupid question, but what is GitHub?

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy in response to Mikerollem's comment.

GitHub

"Powerful collaboration, code review, and code management for open source and private projects."

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

It's the system we use track bugs and issues and project development and stuff.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy in response to DZM's comment.

Please forgive if this is a truly stupid question, but what is "stuff"? 😉
    j/k

Edit: Also DZM I dunno if the project scientists have been advised but the Herbarium was completed last night.
    (Where's our champagne? Heh.)

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to Mr. Kevvy's comment.

enter image description here

Congrats!!!

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Lol thank you I am digitally tipsy now and on the job no less. 😄

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

Yes, this is so amazing!
    Thank you all so much for your efforts! This was a very large set of images so this really is a cause for celebration!

Posted

• Jonetsky by Jonetsky in response to Bonnie123's comment.

@Bonnie123 I have the very same problem as you. I can't see any of my badges. I hope they will fix this soon.

Posted

@DZM, we gotta actually solve these bugs not just note them.

Posted

Hi

I've got an even bigger issue, I've just been presented with the following record, to transcribe:

EMEC309338

That already exists fully formatted on:

http://essigdb.berkeley.edu/cgi/eme_query?bnhm_id=EMEC309338&one=T&OK2SHOWPRIVATE=1

which, for example, has the location:- Westmorland, 5 miles west of

While I would have transcribed that as:- 5 mi. W Westmorland – following the transcription instructions given

I can't see any point in continuing to transcribe records that have alredy been set up on the Essig database.

Mike

Posted