Notes From Nature Talk

No reply

• darryluk by darryluk

I can't get a reply to my question about transcription totals. I have messaged two officials and still no reply, so I shall be unable to do any more in the meantime!

Posted

• bthiers by bthiers

I'm trying to get a response to your question -- please don't give up on us!

Posted

• Austinmast by Austinmast

I'm seeing emails re this, and I'd bet that it'll be resolved soon. Thanks for noting this!

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Yes, it's like I hit a number that froze the recordings! 😦

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Anybody found out how to fix this issue? Thanks

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Still waiting!

Posted

• joanball by joanball scientist

I've been asking about it as well, and was told that someone is working on it. I just asked for an update and will let you know when we have one.

Posted

• sraden by sraden

Darryluk,

Can you please. review what your transcription totals should be and the discrepancy with what you are seeing?

I think you are referring to this thread which says that your macrofungi totals are frozen at 94, but you did 103. And you're overall total does not increase beyond 7750. Are these the problems you're still facing?

Thanks

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

The totals had moved on a little since the 94 on macrofungi, and they add up correctly to 7750. But whatever I do they won't increase any further. So all the totals stay the same and therefore the 7750 stays the same. I haven't done any for a while, just waiting for this to be sorted.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

I just tried again and whilst my totals appear to increase while I am in a collection, when I go to my summary the totals have remained the same and I am still on 7750.

Posted

• sraden by sraden

Darryluk,

I hope we can enlist your help to get more information on your problem. We want you to try to view and note otherwise hidden messages from the browser. We want you to do this while finishing a transcription and also looking at the total page which is stuck on . 7750. These messages are viewed something called the Developer Console or something similar. What follows are instructions on viewing the console and then what information we would like you to send us back.

How to view Javascipt error messages

• Chrome: Menu Tool > Javascript Console
    • FireFox: Menu Tools > WebDeveloper > Web Console
    • Internet Explorer: Menu *Tools > **Developer Tools
    • Safari: Apple visual guide to this
    1. Go to Preferences > Advanced > check Enabled Developer Tools in the side bar
    2. Restart Safari
    3. Menu Develop **Show Error Console

If you are using Android tablet or IPad or any other set up let us know please.

What to send us?
    Please note and reply with

1. Any error or message (errors will usually be in red!) you see in the error console
    2. What Browser and version (Usually appears in "About" menu item in your browser menu)
    3. What Operating System and version 
    4. The clock time and timezone of the activity

You can post the information in this thread. Please allow extra time for reply because of the holidays. We really appreciate your time in facilitating this. If you have questions on this just let us know.

Thanks!

Support

Posted

• sraden by sraden

We would still welcome this feedback to solve your issue.

Support

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'badges' of null application-2013-12-19_20-59-11.js:1
    Not filling because tld mismatch between https://api.zooniverse.org/proxy and notesfromnature.org onloadwff.js:79
    Not filling because tld mismatch between https://api.zooniverse.org/proxy and notesfromnature.org onloadwff.js:79

That's all I got in the console, but it appeared when I was logging in nothing came up when transcribing an entry. I did a calbug one and the total went to 4813, then when I went to 'My Account' it was back on 4812 again where it has stayed! I don't know if this helps, it's confusing!

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

18:34 Greenwich Meantime (UK) Google Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63m running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Posted

• sraden by sraden

Darrlyuk, Thank you. That is very helpful. We're looking at this information presently.

Posted

• sraden by sraden

Hi, we have a write-up of a browser setting for you to check. Within Chrome, we want you go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Content Settings > Cookies Section and verify if
    “Block third-party cookies and site data” is set.
    For an image of this
    , please see this doc

If the setting was checked, please uncheck and let us know if this resolved the problem.

Thank you

Posted

• sraden by sraden

Darrlyluk,

Disregard that browser setting idea for now. We pushed a code change that may solve this problem. If you can attempt another classification and let us know the result, much obliged.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Sorry guys, nothing has changed. I made sure the cookies box was unchecked as well (which it was anyway) still stuck on 7750!

Posted

• sraden by sraden in response to darryluk's comment.

We're looking at other avenues.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

It seems to be working at last!

I didn't do anything about LastPass, just gave it a go to see if anything had changed and it seems to be fine! Took a while, but we got there in the end.

Posted

• robgur by robgur scientist, admin

Keep us posted! I know the Zooniverse folks are making some changes, with more to follow, but we really really want to get this right and keep it right.

Posted