Notes From Nature Talk

Can't transcribe when I'm logged in - no data available

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

Hi,

When I am not logged in, I can transcribe records.

As soon as I log in, I stop being able to transcribe records. After I click the "start transcribing" button and go to this URL, http://www.notesfromnature.org/#/archives/herbarium/transcribe , I get an empty black screen (apart from the Herbarium header at the top).

Happens on Firefox and Chrome. Haven't tried other browsers. New since a couple of weeks ago (the last time I logged in and transcribed a bunch of records).

Cheers

Helen

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

A few of us have had this over the last couple of days, it seems to clear itself eventually.

Posted

• sozahows by sozahows

When I'm logged in and click "Start Transcribing" my screen comes up blank and there are no records. When I log out and click the button, I can transcribe. I want to do some work but not if it's not under my name. Last weekend, Notes from Nature wouldn't even come up for me.

Posted

• carolely by carolely

I am having the same problem- when I click "Start Transcribing," my screen comes up blank and it doesn't show the number of records I've done. My profile still has the number of records, but I can't transcribe any new ones.

Posted

• kiske1 by kiske1 in response to carolely's comment.

I´ve got the same problem over here. I can classify bugs, but NOT the Herbarium.
    Is there someone available who can do something about this problem? PLEASE!

Posted

• renheek by renheek

Same here - I can classify the bugs but not the Herbarium. My records aren't shown and the screen is blank. Please solve the problem.

Posted

• sozahows by sozahows

Looks like I'll have to give this up. Tried getting in on the computer where I volunteer. Still can't get in under my log in. Too bad. I liked working on it. Maybe I'll try in a couple of weeks.

Posted

• peterbrand by peterbrand

Yep, blank screen in herbarium. Using FireBug in FireFox, there is an error in the Javascript

TypeError: invalid 'in' operand user.preferences
    http://www.notesfromnature.org/nfn/build-2013-07-08_17-58-31.js
    Line 5636

Time to talk to your developer I think.

Posted

• peterbrand by peterbrand

It looks like code to check your preferences, so that's why it may work if you are not logged in (no preferences that way)

Posted

• riskingraisin by riskingraisin

Same problem, blank grey screen when I click "start transcribing" (Firefox). Not much I can do with that.

Posted

• robgur by robgur scientist, admin

Posting this as an issue for the Zooniverse developers. Sorry for the delay in checking on this --- I have been on the road.

Posted

• robgur by robgur scientist, admin in response to HelenBennett57's comment.

Helen, we tried to fix this:, can you check and see if this bug is squashed?

Sounds like a regression that was fixed in ba0543a. Was pretty sure I pushed that fix awhile ago, but apparently not.

I redeployed the site. Should fix the problem.

Posted

• robgur by robgur scientist, admin in response to kiske1's comment.

I hope this bug is squashed... our lead developer just wrote this:

"Sounds like a regression that was fixed in ba0543a. Was pretty sure I pushed that fix awhile ago, but apparently not.
    I redeployed the site. Should fix the problem."

Posted

• robgur by robgur scientist, admin in response to sozahows's comment.

Hi sorry for the delay on this... I alerted our developer and he says: "Sounds like a regression that was fixed in ba0543a. Was pretty sure I pushed that fix awhile ago, but apparently not. I redeployed the site. Should fix the problem."

Posted