Notes From Nature Talk

no records available when i log in

• chmbrln by chmbrln

apologies if this is available elsewhere - i have searched

i can work records fine when not logged in but, when i log in, nothing comes up - tried FireFox annd IE and checked that cookies are turned on

thanks for any help

Posted

• robgur by robgur scientist, admin

I think we got this bug sorted today.

Posted

• xairbusdriver by xairbusdriver

That may have been caused by a new, third-party cookie being started last week. I had not done any work all week (life kept getting in the way!). Yesterday and today, I couldn't even log in!

Long story short, Arfon Smith gave me some info so I could whitelist api.zooniverse.org in my allowed cookies group. Now things work even better than last week. I think the Project moved a lot of out work progress to that cookie. Try whitelisting it and see if it helps.

Posted

• tmeconverse by tmeconverse

For the last three or four days, my count has not changed from 112 although I have transcribed about 30 more entries. I think I have whitelisted zooniverse cookies, but even after doing that that my numbers don't change. I don't really mind if the count doesn't show to my "account", but I would like to know if my work has been valid. If not, I'm wasting my time.

Please advise.

Posted

• tmeconverse by tmeconverse

I've probably done 30 or 40 more since I posted this 19 days ago and one has been added to my total, which now stands at 113. Is there some way for someone to tell me if my work is being added to the database, or should I just look for something else to do. As I said nearly three weeks ago, I don't care if the count isn't accurate, but I do want the work to be useful.

Please advise.

Posted

• nosenabook by nosenabook

Your work is useful, there can be no question.

There are more comments in another thread, Badges not being awarded. The Powers That Be thought they had it fixed but that didn't happen.

With your comment, I realized that the Transcribers Life doesn't work and never has.

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness admin

Let me reassure everyone that regardless of what the various numbers say, your work is being collected properly. Any problems are strictly are strictly in the presentation of the metrics.

When your numbers do not update, does it appear as if the login worked properly, i.e. your name appears in the top right corner of the page? Also, if after logging in, if you goto another Zooniverse project, such as http://www.cyclonecenter.org/, does it show you as being logged in there as well?

Posted

• der_Adler by der_Adler

I just started, 7/5/13 morning and I know I have entered some but I get no updates and I am not sure if its working.

Posted