Notes From Nature Talk

same record keeps appearing

• areinders by areinders

I am trying to enter data from the herbarium records but the same herbarium page keeps appearing again and again. Skipping the record just brings up the same record again as well.

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson

I got one of those. I entered the information again, and the problem didn't re-occur.

Posted

• bretarn by bretarn

ihad the sme problem, may be necessary to click on "OK" without using "enter"

Posted

• areinders by areinders in response to bretarn's comment.

I'll try that, it's possible I used "enter".

Posted

• areinders by areinders in response to areinders's comment.

No, that's not it. The same record ("Sedum integrifolium", the first one that shows up as I log on) keeps showing up, when I enter the information it records it but then shows me the same record again. It is always the same one, every time I log in. I can't skip it, it will just bring up the same record again. One time only I got a different record but then it would not show me the label even after drawing the box around the correct area. Next time it was the same old "Sedum integrifolium" again...

Posted

• Butler by Butler

I'm having the same problem with the same record. I can get new ones to pop up if I click "skip" often enough though.

Posted

• BarryAbrahamsen by BarryAbrahamsen in response to areinders's comment.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I got through, perhaps, two specimens without a problem, then got the same exact specimen three times in a row.

Sorry, this is discouraging, and the screens don't make it simple to go back and correct something once you are past a field.

It doesn't make me feel good about contributing, and I probably won't.

Posted

• snewman14 by snewman14

I am having a similar challenge with Sedum integrifolium collected in Colorado by RK Godfrey. I can skip it, but often it will appear 2-3 times in a sequence. I've entered the data about this label twice. Now I just skip it. I'll check back in a few days to see if this bug has been resolved!

Thanks!

Posted

• mm-7301tlen.pl by mm-7301tlen.pl

I have the same problem, I thought I was doing something wrong....
    the same record appears again and again, I enter the same information again and again and it does't help

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

Add my name to the list of people who are having this problem. It won't show a different specimen at all for me.

Edit: I spoke too soon. It does repeat still, even now, and I had to click skip several times to get it to go to a new specimen.

Posted

• Skyletron by Skyletron

As noted in my previous post, I am also having this problem, and it also occurred with Sedum integrifolium. I was wondering if it was an issue with Firefox, but perhaps it's an issue with this particular specimen?

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

Well, I discovered that this problem doesn't occur for me when I use an external IE client instead of the AOL software's internal one. I hope that helps clear up the problem somehow.

Posted

• legaither by legaither in response to areinders's comment.

Lol, me too. If I see Sedum integrifolium one more time I'll scream! I've memorized it by now. August 23, 1973. Ouray County. Little mountain meadow. Red mt. pass. el 11,000.

I'm running Chrome. I think its just a bug. It'll get worked out.

Posted

• KWillett by KWillett

I imagine it is a bug, but that's certainly very frustrating. I've sent a note to the developers directly - we'll do our best to get this fixed ASAP!

Posted

• arfon by arfon

Hi all, apologies for this - we think we have a fix and will be pushing the change live in the next few minutes. Hopefully this will clear up the issue!

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• arfon by arfon

Hi all, it looks like there are some duplicate images in our database which means although our code is executing correctly (i.e. there's not a bug in the code) the same image is appearing more than once because we've been given the same scan/photograph multiple times (with different filenames).

We're working on a fix for this but in the interim I'd suggest using the Calbug collection which doesn't have this issue.

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• arfon by arfon

Hi all, this should be resolved now. To make sure please empty your web browser's cache. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Posted

• Metasolpuga_ by Metasolpuga_

I haven't gotten the same record, but I have gotten the same species multiple times in a row, each one collected on the same day (such as Philoctetes variatus).

Posted

• Janet_Jaguar by Janet_Jaguar

And I just ran into it in Calbug - I also noticed that I NEVER got given a box to enter the name of the bug. It started with country and ended with the 10th box, lat/long. I believe it when it tells me I left a box blank, but how can I fill it in if it won't give it to me?

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson in response to Janet Jaguar's comment.

The name of the bug has already been recorded! It's "only" the rest of the information that we have to transcribe.

Posted

Now that is helpful, I wish I'd known!! They never said to expect that.

So I filled in 8 of the boxes and skipped Altitude and Lat/Long because none was given on the label. How do I get it to accept "FInished" and stop telling me I left a box blank?

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson in response to Janet Jaguar's comment.

It says on the splash screen you see between clicking "Try with one record" and "Got it. Let me transcribe!".

To go on, click "Next Record" and then "Finish" in response to the "Are you sure?" popup. Does that not work for you?

Posted

Found an answer: never ever use "Finish" always only click "OK". That works.

I am using Chrome on a PC

Posted