Notes From Nature Talk

Some changes to the site this week

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

Hi All!

We just wanted to let you know that you may notice some changes to the site over the next few days as we gear up to take part in the WeDigBio event. More information here: https://www.wedigbio.org/

There are two areas where you will notice changes. The first is that you will be able to select more than one Herbarium collection to work on. This is meant to directly support the "onsite" events that are happening as part of WeDigBio. Note that the Herbarium transcription tasks will be exactly the same as they are now.

The second, is that we will have a new collection coming online for the event! More information will be coming soon on that one.

Best to all!

Posted

• CharlesGardner by CharlesGardner

2 things about the interface...1) no back or start over. I have bounced clicked my mouse (either me or my mouse acting up) and it jumps past county input. Had no way to go back so just "skipped" record. 2) the input over lay or layer is positioned directly in front of the information on the specimen (esp on a laptop) I have to enlarge and drag it around to the side. should put input in another pane. that just adds to the time...it would be nice it it showed all our inputs with option to correct before final submission

Posted

with regard to other collections, this interface is not as useful as it could be for moss and lichen collections which often have more than one taxa in each specimen packet...specially if the packet contains a moss and lichen.

Posted

UI acting up and putting two images up at the same time. Just a suggestion as to cause. It didnt happen all day yesterday until I went home (closed the app but did not log it off)....then at home on another computer is where it happened. while would not expect it to happen but if the websession or database session never was closed, could it be picking up conflicting sessions thinking both open sessions sent a request. websession and database should have a time out setting??? with only a single session open on one box I am not having any problems

Posted

• micmac274 by micmac274

That keeps happening to me, but only on two. I don't have the problem on the Texan or Louisiana herbariums, this may be the reason for the low turnout on the other two. Is the Texas one deliberately brighter on the "choose a herbarium" screen for a psychological research reason, or is it just an artefact of how the site is put together?

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

Hmmm. I am not seeing this behavior at all. On Chrome or Firefox for Mac. What operating system are you both using?

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

This has happened to me 3 or possibly 4 times space over a couple of months in the SELU herbarium project. I posted about it a couple of days ago in a thread on the Help discussion board (here).

It's very rare for me and until this last episode, only happened when there were multiple users online at the same time, so I suspected their work was getting crossed up by the system. But the last time (as is usually the case when I'm online here), I was the only one logged it, so multiple users isn't the reason after all. For what it's worth, Windows 7 home premium, Firefox 42.0 (i.e., up to date).

Posted