Notes From Nature Talk

Image ANN0004dbo unsure about name

• am.zooni by am.zooni

#scientist Name on original label is 'Specularia biflora'; name on later determination label is just ''Triodanis' with no species name given. Transcribed name as 'Triodanis biflora' hoping that's what was meant.

Triodanis biflora is an accepted name per plants.USDA (symbol TRBI2) but a synonym of Triodanis perfoliata ssp. biflora (Ruiz & Pav.) Lammers per ITIS (TSN 34610) and (TPL kew-356958).

Specularia biflora is a synonym ofTriodanis biflora (Ruiz & Pav.) Greene per plants.USDA (symbol SPBI4) but a synonym of Triodanis perfoliata ssp. biflora (Ruiz & Pav.) Lammers per ITIS (TSN 21852) and TPL (kew-356352).

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

@am.zooni
    This is kind of a pet peeve of mine, it is sort of a lazy annotation which is likely just telling someone where to physically file the specimen. In this case, I would have just entered it as Specularia biflora.
    I hope this helps.

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Thanks @md68135. It does help. All tips welcome, especially when the come from scientists. After all, the reason we're here* working on Zooniverse projects is to contribute to your research, so we want to put our results into whatever form suits your needs best.

• Also for at least some of us, the projects are strangely addictive!

Posted