Notes From Nature Talk

Ornithology

• darryluk by darryluk

Should date be recorded just in numeric?
    Would it be an idea to mark male or female as m or f next to scientific name?

Posted

• TimC2 by TimC2

Hi,

Date recorded as a numeric would be great. No we don't need male or female (m or n) next to the scientific name. Thanks for asking though. Appreciate your help.

All the best.
    Tim

Posted

• kshaffer by kshaffer

What if the location is spelled incorrectly? Should we correct it, or type it as shown?

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson

Also on the location, my page started with "Newdegate" (I think) on the left of the column and "W. Australia" on the right. I put in two spaces, but the extra space seemed to be eliminated, so the transcription ended up as "Newdegate W. Australia". There were some more such instances, but they were crying out for a comma, so I added one. It wasn't exactly as originally written, but by removing extra spaces, the software prevented me from transcribing it as written anyway.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

From experience, if a place is spelt wrong,(or anything spelt wrong) then amend it as long as you are 100% sure of the correct spelling.

Posted

• Angel_48 by Angel_48

What if the Latin name of the species is wrong? when the handwriting is hard to read I Google it, the species name written here is "Accipiter Nisus Nisosimilis" in Google the Latin name is Accipiter Nisus Nisus Similis. Do we correct this?

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

If you are absolutely certain of a correct spelling then type it correctly. Any doubt at all, type it as written.

Posted