Notes From Nature Talk

Location?

• Fiona77h by Fiona77h

I need help working out the location on the first line. Looks like "? Is."- some island in Sierra Leone?

Posted

• Fiona77h by Fiona77h

Another query- the final entry is fainter than the rest of the page entries. It does not contain information regarding birds. Should I transcribe this final entry and how would I go about it?

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

I can't make out the island name either. I tried to do some sleuthing but didn't come up with anything even close.

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

Mut Island, Sierra Leone

Mut Island on MapCarta

Mut Island on geoview.info - I'm slightly disturbed to see that it's 10 thousand km below a seal though...

Re. the final entry, personally I'd copy it out into a comment like this one, but not put it into any of the named transcription fields as it doesn't match the data in there and so would just lead to a less good consensus transcription.

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

"The stuff castaway movies are made of: eight tiny islands – Bakie, Bumpetuk, Chepo, Hoong, Mut, Nyangei, Sei and Yele –
    form the Turtle Islands, an undeveloped archipelago thrown across the Atlantic just off the western shore of Sherbro
    Island."

See more at: http://www.bradtguides.com/destinations/africa/sierra-leone/turtle-islands.html

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

Wow. Good find!

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57 in response to am.zooni's comment.

Wow! Lovely!

Posted