Notes From Nature Talk

Would like a second opinion please

• Dragonwalker by Dragonwalker

Missing name of collector, but unsure of location. I am assuming Berkeley, Ca but wanted a second on this just in case whoever wrote it was labeling it for the university. Also, I assume it was collected on a Strawberry plant, but am wondering about the "(an." It may be referring to the cultivated strawberry: "F. x ananassa"
    Any thoughts would be appreciated

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson

Strawberry Canyon, I reckon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_Creek

Posted

Thank you. Is there a way that I can complete/edit this? i don't seem to be able to get back into it to change but had skipped and finished it. I am new and would like to ensure that it is corrected.

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson

There's no way to go back to correct a record. Don't worry, though, each label gets transcribed by several people (four, I believe), and the software takes a "vote" to eliminate errors.

Posted

Sounds good. I had sent an email anyway to let them know but won't do that again. I think they need a better FAQ or help section that we could read before starting. I am pretty analytical, so I hope they look at all the notes as I have been adding important findings such as likely collectors when the label is missing, subspecies when not added in the file name etc.

Posted