Notes From Nature Talk

Apparent data corrections-which data to enter on form

• xairbusdriver by xairbusdriver

The original data, submitted by R.K. Godfrey, seems to have been edited or corrected by at least two different people. Which data should be entered in the form?

An additional problem is that the entire collection of data is not visible at one time. I can see EITHER the original data OR the edit/corrected data WITHOUT the personal info on R.K. Godfrey.

My guess is that I should use the original info about the State/County/Location/Habitat and Date but use the last data concerning the Scientific Name and the name of the 'editor?'

Posted

• xairbusdriver by xairbusdriver in response to xairbusdriver's comment.

Same problem with Image ANN000066m.

Posted

• othersideoftheriver by othersideoftheriver

I've seen this issue several times -- but only with one correction and not multiple. I've concatenated: Old oldlatin / New newlatin, but after a while that could get strange. A lot of the corrections have dates, as well, which are hard to keep track of with this method.

Posted

• Austinmast by Austinmast

As director of the herbarium curating this specimen (FSU), I'd find it most useful if the name on the latest annotation (secondary label) is given. Thanks!

Posted

• xairbusdriver by xairbusdriver in response to Austinmast's comment.

@ Austinmast, has that been reported in the Blog? There are numerous threads on this topic and (so far) not many people seem to be familiar with forums or following up on their questions. Of course, I am demonstrating my laziness by not having checked the Blog yet, myself! [blush] [headbash]

There may be a better place to post this info, but it might be better than re-entering it in every thread that needs it! :rolleyes: This is the second thread I've read your comments in the last ten minutes! 😃 And thanks for making your desires known! [yes]

Posted

• ghewson by ghewson

Perhaps a scientist/administrator could write an FAQ.

Posted