Notes From Nature Talk

No images are appearing! plus sign in problem

• am.zooni by am.zooni

I did several transcriptions this morning (Thursday 3 Dec 2015) with no issues, but just tried to do some more just before 5 pm EST and encountered two problems:

1. the signin window 'just sat there' after I entered my ID and password. There was no error message. But on the main screen (behind the signin window) my ID (am.zooni) appeared to the right of 'collections about talk blog', so clearly my login did 'register' even though the signin window didn't disappear as usual.

2. when I click 'start transcribing', I don't get an image. I tried ALL of the collections and they are all giving me the same result. When you 'turned off' the just-completed crab project, did you perhaps mistakenly turn off ALL the NfN projects?

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

I have the same issues as am.zooni and it started 2pm EST, I had been in on and off all day without these issues. I turned off my computer in hopes it was just tired to restart its brain, but I have the same problem. To be clear it is not just the Herbarium but the other ones too.

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

I reported these bugs on the Zooniverse Troubleshooting discussion board too, in case someone there who can fix it sees it before someone here at NfN.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Something has completely broken the site. I'm reporting it right away... I can replicate all the issues, no sign in, no images, etc.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

1. the signin window 'just sat there' after I entered my ID and password. There was no error message. But on the main screen (behind the signin window) my ID (am.zooni) appeared to the right of 'collections about talk blog', so clearly my login did 'register' even though the signin window didn't disappear as usual.

I am getting something like this as well, in all browsers, but the developers say they aren't. They are seeing the problem with nothing loading though..

Can others not sign in on this site as well?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Everything should be fixed. Sorry about that!!

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123 in response to DZM's comment.

Darren,
    My sign in is now fine and I can get into all the collections just fine as well. Thanks so much for your efforts on getting this fixed so quickly. Please pass on our Thanks to Rafe for his efforts as well!!

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni in response to DZM's comment.

I can sign in and get images to transcribe too. Thanks, Darren, for your help getting these bugs fixed so quickly.

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

This has just started happening again. It was fine yesterday, not working this morning.

Posted

• maggiej by maggiej

Just to add a little more info -- when I click any of the Transcribe buttons in Macrofungi, the resulting page is the Notes from Nature home page. However, the URL reads http://www.notesfromnature.org/#/archives/macrofungi/transcribe . I hope this can be fixed soon, seems like a linking problem. I'm not having any sign-in problems, and the issue seems to run across all NfN collections, but not other Zooniverse projects.

Posted