Notes From Nature Talk

image disappeared during transcription, system logged me out

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Weird stuff just happened (Tues 11 Aug 2015, 1602 EDT). I was transcribing a Herbarium image, typed the collector number, pressed enter and the image disappeared. I refreshed the screen in my browser (firefox 39.0.3 on Windows 7) and my transcription count was increased by 1, so apparently something marked that transcription as finished, even though it wasn't.

Then as I was zooming in on the next image, before I even started transcribing, I looked up to the top of the screen and it showed that I was logged out.

It's been quite a while since I've been affected by gremlins in the system so I hope this is just a momentary bug and not an actual problem. I'm going to try doing a few transcriptions now to see if things appear stable.

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Update: after the above odd system behavior, I logged back in, wrote the comment above describing what happened, and did 5 herbarium transcriptions, with no more strange occurrences. So crossed fingers all is well, aside from one incomplete transcription that (I think) was marked as complete. I'll be back tomorrow to transcribe some more.

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Update 2: I guess it was just a fluke / false alarm. I did two half-hour transcribing sessions widely spaced in time the day after I experienced the above-described problems, and had no problems at all today. Whew!

Posted