Notes From Nature Talk

CalBug problem

• LarryW by LarryW

I am noticing that a lot of the photos do not match the EMEC numbers and species name listed on the transcription box. If you click on "Discuss", it shows the correct specimen page. When you go back to transcribing the incorrect photo is still there. I have been skipping these entries. It seems like it could be as much as 50% of the entries right now (2/26/15).

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

This is the first I'm hearing of this... are others having the same issue? Anyone else? 50% of the entries?

(Trying to figure out if this is a site issue, or specific to your settings somehow, @LarryW )

Posted

• LarryW by LarryW

I switched browser - from Safari to Chrome - and, so far everything looks OK. Maybe a browser issue? I'll let you know if I notice the problem re-occuring.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

I've seen a few people with Safari issues with NFN. I don't think it's compatible, and it would be good if the useragent string was queried and the transcriber warned that they may have issues if they try to use it.

Posted

• Shiphrah by Shiphrah

I use Safari on iPad (OS 8.1.3) and had that same problem at first, also skipped such records, but more recently it's been OK.

Posted