Notes From Nature Talk

Resolved: HERBARIUM IS DOWN

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Please see thread below

After clicking "Got it... let me transcribe!" the first picture never appears and it just hangs interminably on a grey screen. At lest three of use are having the same problem.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Sorry make that two of us not three.

Posted

• robtheclacks.org.uk by robtheclacks.org.uk

This started for me yesterday, so 24 hours ago. I see no improvement and no response to suggest the organisers are aware there's a problem.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

The last comment on a transcription was three days ago so it may have been down all weekend.
    Or do we all transcribe at work? ;^)

Posted

• astroboyOW by astroboyOW

I can't access the records either.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

There is no change... it's been down for two days at least.
    I messaged RobGur yesterday who is the only project scientist/moderator or anyone else in an admin. capacity that I know of. Any others?

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

+1 I'm having the same problem here: can't transcribe using Firefox, IE or Chrome. On Windows 7.

Mr Kevvy - ahem, yes, at work.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

I signed in using IE instead of Firefox as I usually do and noted an error... perhaps this will help:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8)
    Timestamp: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:25:34 UTC
    Line: 1
    Char: 271453
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.notesfromnature.org/application-2013-11-18_16-38-27.js

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

Hi All,
    Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We are working on the problem and hope to have the problem fixed by tomorrow.
    I am not sure what is causing it at this point, but will try to report that when we get it figured out.

Best,

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Yay! Thanks for the update. :^)

Posted

• inaspin by inaspin

Me too. 3 days now. Thought it might be my connection; extra users when school holidays start always makes it slower than "normal". Connection is slow to start with, I think we need new string in the line. Using Firefox, which has always worked before, but we just got a Windows update. This has been known to cause a problem with other sites in the past!

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

It isn't a Windows problem. I verified that the same thing happens on an Android tablet.

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

Brilliant, thank you!

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Heh... you're welcome but that was some pretty low-level unbrilliant troubleshooting. :^)

Three days with no Herbarium now, so I guess I'm back to Distributed Proofreaders for the time being... I don't like any of the other projects unfortunately.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Someone's working on it as it shows 100% completion with 28,866 / 28,866 records done...

Posted

• joanball by joanball scientist

They are in the process of getting more Herbarium images up... should be back in business very soon.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Tried it this morning... it's gone back to 43% 12,469 / 28,866 completion, but the same grey nothingness appears.
    Ah well I'll be on vacation until next Friday. Hope it's back up then! 😃

Posted

• tmeconverse by tmeconverse in response to joanball's comment.

Does this mean that the 43 percent shown as done was of the total Herbarium collection, or that only 43 percent of the images had been loaded and we have done all of that subset? I am confused.

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist in response to tmeconverse's comment.

Hi,
    Thanks for your question. We are in the process of working on the percentage counter across all the Notes from Nature projects. We hope to have that all sorted out soon and will report on how this all works.
    Thanks!

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Looks like it's down again... the image never loads after starting transcription.
    This may be unrelated but the counter just went to 75% 155,641 / 210,208 records...

Also even in the Object Comments pages the Herbarium images aren't loading.

EDIT: Disregard... it started working again. :p However it's slow and the images on the Object Comments are still missing.

Posted