Notes From Nature Talk

Totals on Macrofungi

• darryluk by darryluk

I have noticed that when I decide to finish transcribing and I close down, the macrofungi count on my score goes up by one! Just a small point, but it seems to include the record that has slid across, but not been done. I am a little OCD and always like to finish on an even number (how sad), so I end up going back in and doing some more till it's even 😦

Posted

• bthiers by bthiers

Thanks for this comment -- I've noticed the same thing -- I'll point it out to the developers.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

I've found that if you hit the off button while the screen is buffering, it's ok. If you let the next record slide into view, it goes wrong.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

I have just noticed this as well after transcribing Macrofungi and it could be related to the other bugs ie with the Herbarium totals. Yesterday the count was either 32 or 33 for the whole project. I transcribed >20 records. Today I checked and the count is only 36.
    So what it appears that the count is showing is logins/sessions rather than transcribed records which explains "if you hit the off button while the screen is buffering" bumping it up by one.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Macrofungi total is still showing only 36...

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

FYI I got a reply from one of the project scientists and they are aware so this should be resolved soon.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Bumping this to avoid more threads...

Posted

• simonedi by simonedi

I think its the random nature, initally its gonna take a while for each record to circle round enough to be confirmed...
    79 now, it was 78 earlier so it is starting to move..

edit- 1 hour later and 81 now we are picking up speed, thats 3 in about 6 hours..

Posted

• simonedi by simonedi

104 now i think, so its starting to pick up a little, its got to be the random nature of how the pics are assigned in theroy the total shouls just start speeding up as things go on... a software tweak to de randomise the assignment would help but dunno how easy that would be

Posted

• reddder by reddder

After submitting more that 2,000 problem-free responses to Macrofungi, a new problem has arisen in that when I finish a specimen & press ok or finish, the same document reappears w/o annotation. I can't move it unless I activate reload. The reload moves me to a new specimen, but also subtracts from my total completed number. I will try the Macrofungi from time to time to see if it is working. However, if it isn't, I guess I'll have to return to the birds.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

Having the same problem in Herbarium. This is new as of today so starting a new thread.

Posted