Notes From Nature Talk

Herbarium: field contents persist into the next record when you skip a record

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

Firefox.

I got most-way through a record and then went to skip it, because there was no date. When I started the next record, the data from all the fields that I had completed was persisted into that record. Two concerns: (1) it'd be easy to accidentally save that data against the wrong record, (2) could data that you enter be being saved against the wrong record in the back end?

Could this be related to the "items skipped are listed as transcribed" bug from a month ago?

To recreate:

Start a record

Fill in most fields, then give up and click the little X by the picture to get rid of it

Click the "skip record" button

Start the next record

The data that you entered for the previous record is now visible for the new one.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Easiest is not to do it this way. if there is no date, skip that box, but finish the record. Always fill in all you can and just skip the bits you can't. If you are going to skip a record there is a button top left somewhere that says skip, it will ask if you are sure and take you to the next record. I think the problems you mention are caused by doing things the wrong way. Hope that makes sense.

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

That's not the response I'd normally hope for when I submit a bug report!

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Maybe not, but the way you are recording info then'giving up' is wasting time for you, and leaving additional work for others. I was just trying to help from both sides and hope you can see my comments in that light.

Posted