Notes From Nature Talk

Must sign in when i'm already signed in?

• klaatu by klaatu

I was already signed in, and wanted to contribute my thoughts on the controversy of whether or not to leave fields blank (my response is below*)..

Having typed it in, I saw a message that I had to log in... either by signing up, or hitting one of the buttons - facebook, twitter, etc. There was no button to just sign in directly, i.e. not through the intercession of one of the social media.

This might be corrected for those of us who do not use those intermediaries to log in?

Cheers

*I will populate a field with "None" / "Not described" /"Not recorded", as IMO the lack of data is in itself a datum. A missing location for a specimen from 1931 will remain missing - we might as well know that up front.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

There are often records elsewhere. I have found many that are not on the label. If I can't find them, I always leave them as blanks/skip, it gives the opportunity for others to isolate these and track down missing information 😃

Posted

• klaatu by klaatu

Fair comment; however, several of the data points have prebuilt "don't know" options - unknow country / state / county , month / day / year...

I hold it as consistent also to populate other missing data fields

Posted