Notes From Nature Talk

Start Record button

• El_Lion by El_Lion

Not really a bug but why is the "Start Record" button now on the top of the page? Sorry, I wasn't around for a while (holidays 😃) and I might have missed some changes. I was under the impression we had that button on the bottom of the screen before where it's easier and faster to click. Or did my browser go on holidays, too and is now doing funny things? O_O

Posted

• nosenabook by nosenabook

Herbarium "Start Record" at page top for me, too. I also preferred page bottom.

I do appreciate not having to click the field before typing "Country," Thanks! It might not be faster but it seems faster.

Posted

• riskingraisin by riskingraisin

Still wishing the "Start Record" button were back down at the bottom where it used to be (herbarium)...

Posted

• tmeconverse by tmeconverse

I have found a change between yesterday and today (September 24, 2013) in how the curser moves from field to field in Herberium. Yesterday when I finished a field and hit "Enter" the system advanced me to the next field, with the curser at the start of the new field. Today when I finish a field and press "Enter" the system advances me the next field, but now the curser is in the middle of the screen and I have to leave the keyboard to move the mouse to get it back in the field and click it to keep it there. I can alternately go to the mouse and press "OK" when I finish a field and it will advance me to the next field with the curser in the right place, just as "Enter" did before today. As a touch typist, it is maddening to have to alternate between the keyboard and the mouse for every field of every record. After doing nearly 2,200 records, I may have done my last one.

Posted

• tmeconverse by tmeconverse

Well, I'm glad I tried again. The issue seems to be resolved and the cursor now lands in the correct place in the following field when I press "enter". Thank you to whoever fixed it.

Posted