Notes From Nature Talk

Country sorting

• Pict by Pict

Why on earth arent United States and Mexico sorted to the top in the list of countries (in calbug) anymore?

Posted

• Zooniversekevyn.com by Zooniversekevyn.com

Seriously? Most of these bugs are from USA & Mexico (also Costa Rica).
    Removing the most used countries from the top of the list is a mistake.

Posted

• areinders by areinders

Same thing for the herbarium entries, those are almost all from the US. Please put the US back at the top of the list, it is so much faster to enter this way.

Posted

• Pict by Pict

It would also be good to have the Mexican states listed in a drop down menu as with with the US states. Mexico turns up frequently enough. Possibly also Canada. Possibly also remove or rename the "county" field for non-US countries?

Posted

• slartybartfast100 by slartybartfast100

Please put USA and Mexico back at the top of the pick list

Posted

• gc9 by gc9

In the meantime, does your web browsing device have a keyboard? Typing may be quicker if so. Put focus on field, then:

• USA: type letter U six times (it's the sixth item that starts with U)
    • Mexico: type M E (the first two letters)
    • Costa Rica: type C O S (the first three letters)

(tested on CalBug)

Posted

• gc9 by gc9 in response to Pict's comment.

I've been typing the Canton name for county in Costa Rica.
    I've been typing the Municipality name (usually has same name as its largest city) for county in Mexico.

Posted

• mikee84 by mikee84

Please reinstate Usa Mexico etc to top of list. Workaround of typing first few letters does not work on ipad. Thanks.

Posted

• kcarlson1152 by kcarlson1152

I also want to request that the US returns to the top of the list- I hate how long it takes to add the country since the vast majority of the collection is from the US

Posted

• SandersClan by SandersClan

Yes, please! And I agree with Pict: I would love to have a list of Mexican states come up...would save lots of time.

Posted

• cerabilia by cerabilia scientist

These are all excellent suggestions. For mikee84, Just to let you know, nfN hasn't been optimized for iPads ( I know cause I have one) . We might do that inthe future.

cheers

Posted

• parrottgreg by parrottgreg

any update on moving high frequency countries to the top of the list?

Posted

• Dragonwalker by Dragonwalker

I was going to ask the same thing!!! 😃

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness admin

Discussion happening here

Posted