Notes From Nature Talk

Going to Talk loses Classification

• kosmala by kosmala

I only have the option of pressing "Discuss" to talk about an image while I'm in the process of classifying it. But if I do so, I can't return to finish classifying the specimen. (I go ALL the way back to the collections page -- rather than the classification page -- when I click "return to classifying.")

Posted

• okopho by okopho

In Firefox, it's possible to right-click the button and select "Open Link in New Tab" or "Open Link in New Window" - probably other browsers have similar functionality. Ideally, clicking the link would just do this automatically.

Posted

• kosmala by kosmala in response to okopho's comment.

Yes, and I can do that. But it should be possible to make that the default behavior. The first time I clicked, I was part-way through a classification and I don't know whether the work was discarded (annoying) or kept (incomplete).

In other projects, like Snapshot or Seafloor, you get to the end of a classification and THEN you have the option of discussing, rather than in the middle. I'm not sure why the decision was made to do it this way on this project.

Posted

• okopho by okopho in response to kosmala's comment.

Totally agree - I was just suggesting a work-around. Hopefully they will eventually iron out all these bugs/misfeatures.

Posted

• Zooniversekevyn.com by Zooniversekevyn.com

I agree. The Discuss button need to pop up the discussion in a new tab/window.

Posted