Notes From Nature Talk

Eternal loop when "Skip" is used

• dolphiny21 by dolphiny21

Hi,
    When there is a piece of information missing and you have to press "Skip", it then sends you in an eternal loop of pressing "OK" until you get back to the same piece of information which is missing so you can't enter anything, so press "Skip" again, but it just cycles through that loop, and you can't move on to a new record.
    I don't know if it still saves the current record when you press Next Record, so the specimen is probably just not getting added.
    The specimen I am referring to is from Mexico, so no county information, and the instructions inform me to press "Skip" in that situation.
    Please fix this.
    Thanks

Posted

• dolphiny21 by dolphiny21

It seems that the skip loop only occurs in Calbug. In SERNEC it works fine and asks you if you are sure you want to leave empty fields when saving the record

Posted

• Antihelios by Antihelios

I just came across the same problem when there was no collector information: http://www.notesfromnature.org/subjects/calbug/standard/5176e033ea3052751000007b.jpg
    I can't leave it blank and skip only lets me cycle through the whole thing without actually finishing it.

I never had an issue with leaving the host, elevation and latitude/longitude empty by pressing the normal confirm button, because they are just additional information.

Posted

• okopho by okopho in response to dolphiny21's comment.

You can exit the loop by clicking on "Next Record", which will bring up a confirmation box if there are any empty fields. I had to use this once when there was no collector, and the record was saved okay (i.e. the count went up by one).

As for "counties" in Mexico: I've had a few of these, and I decided to enter the municipality instead (which amounts to the same thing).

Posted