Notes From Nature Talk

new blog post about the NfN relaunch - very soon now

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Hello all who are checking in to find out the status of NfN. There's a new blog post about just that: Update on our new version

Looking forward to it but with rather a lot of trepidation. It's only been a short while since the SELU Herbarium project was completed, but I miss transcribing. I've found escaping here for a few minutes a couple of times each day to be a relaxing break.

Here's hoping the scientists and programmers can combine their intial work with the very long list of complaints and suggestions from the beta testers to produce an easy-to-use and efficient interface.

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

We have been working on lots of loose ends, the beta comments and so on. At this point, we are still planning to (re)launch tomorrow!
    I have inquired about what will happen exactly with this site (the "old" one), but it will most likely disappear when the new site launches.

We were able to fix most of the issues that came up as part of the beta testing. Some are not going to be ready for launch but are in the pipeline. For example, we fixed the text box size, which was particularly annoying to me. We still need to fix the size of the image window. It is still too small compared to the data entry fields in my opinion. I am happy to report that the Zooniverse programmers are hard at work on this so it shouldn't be long before we have some improvements there.

Change is still going to be hard for many I am sure....

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

It's good to know that most of the issues have been addressed. Looking forward to a wider image window as soon as the programmers can get to that. I'm sure they're overloaded (been there, done that, launches are always a nightmare). Even though some us have been (and likely will continue to be) complaining about the interface, please do thank them for their work.

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

Will do!

Posted