Notes From Nature Talk

Notes from Nature isn't on the 'live projects' list at Zooniverse

• am.zooni by am.zooni

If you go to the zooniverse website and click 'sign in', it displays a list labelled 'Live Projects'. Why isn't Notes from Nature in that list?

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

@am.zooni
    I don't see the Live Projects link. Where exactly is it?

There is also this: http://live.zooniverse.org/ We are listed, but I am not exactly sure how it works.

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Go to the zooniverse home page at https://www.zooniverse.org/ and click 'sign in' (upper right). Username and password boxes appear on the left side of the screen, and 'Live Projects' list appears on the right side. NfN isn't on that list.

I never saw that 'live.zooniverse' page before. Not even sure what links one would follow to get there. Nor what it means. Since (as far as I can tell) there aren't any links to the projects listed or to zooniverse, it seems pretty useless to me. Someone must have seen a reason, since the took the trouble to build it, but I can't fathom it.

Posted

@DZM any idea what is going on here? I followed @am.zooni directions, but still don't see it. Perhaps because I have a different status on the site?

To the original point, should NFN be on that list?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey @am.zooni -- could you please share a screenshot of the page that you are seeing? I don't know what page you're looking at...

If you could upload a screenshot here: http://imgur.com/ -- I'll have a better idea of what you're seeing, so I can figure out what the problem is. Is that possible? Please let me know; thanks!!

I wonder if you're seeing an in-development page that you shouldn't actually be able to see yet... ?

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Is there an email address I can send them? I prefer not to create yet another userid/password for another site, and don't currently have anywhere public where I can share the images. But if there isn't another way to get them to you, I'll do it.

This isn't a new page; it's been like that for many weeks at least; probably longer but I hadn't logged in to zooniverse once I started working on the Herbarium project (I think it was this April when I found it, seeking something after Serengetti went on break). Started checking back into Zooniverse when the Herbarium recently went on break to see if any other projects looked interesting.

It shouldn't make a difference, but sometimes different browsers show different things: I use Firefox, almost always up to date. 38.0.5 today, which is current. Windows 7.1 Home Premium

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

You don't have to create an account to upload them to Imgur, but if you'd rather email them to me, my email is darren@zooniverse.org.

Thanks!!

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Ah, Imgur asked me to sign in, but I just closed the window and clicked around (I haven't used that site before and don't know the user interface) and it seems it did accept the images. If you can't see them, let me know and I'll use email to send them.

One image is the zooniverse homepage as I see it. NfN does appear there, although lower on the page than what shows in my screenshot. I think all the projects are there, live, dormant or dead. The sign in button shows up as blue because I had my cursor hovering over it when I took the screen shot. When cursor is elsewhere, it's brown like the other buttons in that row.
    Zooniverse Home Page screenshot

The other image is what I see when I click the 'sign in' button on the home page. Zooniverse Sign In Page screenshot

I tried using the image button above but if that didn't turn my descriptions into links, you can use copy-paste:
    URL for home page image: http://imgur.com/dS3I7fD
    URL for sign in page image: http://imgur.com/kPL1SjA

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Ahhh, now I know what you're talking about!!

So, here's the deal. A LOT of stuff on our homepage is wayyyy outdated and we're rolling out a completely new look and content for the whole thing that should be live within the next month or so.

So very soon that outdated page will look completely different. And all new designs will include NFN wherever all the other projects are. 😃

That okay?

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Of course that's ok! Thanks for the info. I don't know if it will help, but it can't hurt to give a bit more light to NfN. It sure feels like there is a shortage of transcribers here, and a bit of attention might just get a few more to give it a try.

And no, despite today's very appealing newsletter, I will not be tempted to have a look at the plankton! I'll stick here instead. Perhaps next time there's a break between sets of images though.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to am.zooni's comment.

I'm glad it was at least an appealing newsletter. 😃

NFN is getting some much-needed repair from a new developer soon. Once that's done, we can send an email about it as well and try to get some more attention here!

Posted

Thanks for sticking with us am.zooni! The plankton looked interesting, but I have more than I can handle right here : )

Posted