Notes From Nature Talk

Subject: ANN0003p0w

Subject ANN0003p0w Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

#marquee too small for all the labels.

Posted

• Pop_science by Pop_science

I normally only use the bottom label. They have all the info needed. I get the impression that the other labels were added later.

Posted

• tmeconverse by tmeconverse

The database managers say to use the latest scientific name only, which is usually on the top label. I try to at least look at them all.

Posted

• Adriana2014 by Adriana2014

I fill w original label info except date. Close window (click on X) select another label, choose field (say 3/9), add new info, repeat.

Posted

• Adriana2014 by Adriana2014

I like to transcribe all names because....who knows who's correct? I put original name and then '[later det. as ........]'

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

re: "The database managers say to use the latest scientific name only" Where is this? I really wish there was a FAQ of directions.

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

@Adriana2014: Very close to what I do, except I leave out the "later" :^) I list them all after the original det. in square brackets

Posted

• tmeconverse by tmeconverse

The data base manager comment was in response to a comment some weeks ago. I, too, fervently wish they would codify these things.

Posted

• Austinmast by Austinmast

I agree about codifying this. I'll put in a request to the developer to specify this in the directions.

Posted

• riskingraisin by riskingraisin

I've had a problem with the marquee being too small even for a single label. Would be great if it were re-sizable, or you could pan around.

Posted