Notes From Nature Talk

Subject: ANN0003exu

Subject ANN0003exu Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• CTidwell3 by CTidwell3

I set country to United Kingdom and county to Perth, and state/province to Scotland. Not sure if that is the correct thing for these.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Country is Scotland, Perth is the County Town of Perthshire, Perthshire being the County.

Posted

• CTidwell3 by CTidwell3

Yes, but Scotland is not a choice in the pull-down list of countries, so you have to select United Kingdom at the moment.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Hmmm, well Scotland is definitely a country as are England, Wales, and Ireland, tricky one, I guess they aren't on pull down either.

Posted

• T-M by T-M

But Scotland is part of the UK, so I think it would be OK to have United Kingdom as country and Scotland as "state/province".

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

Have you ever been chased by a hairy man, waving a cudgel and wearing a kilt? 😉

Posted

• T-M by T-M

A hairy man wearing a kilt? Sounds like a former classmate of mine in high school ... 😉

Posted

• T-M by T-M

But isn't "state" seems to be more ore less synonymous to "country"? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_(polity)

Posted

• tmeconverse by tmeconverse

In U.S. usage, "state" is the highest sub-national unit of government, and "county" is the highest sub-state unit.

Posted

• T-M by T-M

But the problem is, most countries are organized different than the US.

Posted