Notes From Nature Talk

CALBUG-FAQs (need answers from scientist)

• Mikerollem by Mikerollem

Rather than having a line of indeterminate length, but with only a portion of it visible, for Additional Information, it would be better to have a window with various categories, like:
    SEX:
    HOST PLANT:
    DETERMINED BY:
    TRAP:
    etc etc

Its current format makes it difficult to supply all that additional information. In fact, it's a deterrent.

I realise I started this project without appreciating how much input was required. I don't know how to access lots of information, like the numbers of completed specimens transcribed. How many more specimens need transcribing? Is it worth the effort of making too many changes?

I find the comment in 8. above patronising. It's almost what you might say to a child - do the best you can. I'm happy to spend a lot of time on each specimen, but I want to transcribe everything required, and not just a subset of it.

On the matter of the proposed one transcriber/validator raised elsewhere. To obtain accuracy, you need multiple transcriptions. It's the standard welll established method for transferring data to computer systems.

Mike

Posted

• jmkwon by jmkwon

Bump.

Posted