Notes From Nature Talk

Collector name

• Rose_Queen by Rose_Queen

Can someone with sharper eyes advise me on this? Looks like "Botanical Faray" to me. Could they mean "Botanical Fairy?" Whimsical, I know, but I doubt any parent named their child "Botanical."

Posted

• riskingraisin by riskingraisin

That would be "Botanical Foray," not a person's name, but an outing (you still put it down as the collector though). The first time I saw one of these I thought it said "balamical faray." Keep up the good work.

Posted

Thanks! Now, how would I go about getting back to that plant record to make a correction?

Posted

• riskingraisin by riskingraisin

Sadly there is no way to do that. Even if you save a specimen to a "collection" you cannot re-transcribe it or edit your previous transcription. This is a bit frustrating, but each record is transcribed four times by different people, so it should all come out in the wash.

Posted

• El_Lion by El_Lion

riskingraisin is right, there's no way back. But if you click on the picture you could leave a comment. Hopefully, people having the same trouble click on the "discuss" button and find the comments.
    And also hopefully, comments are linked to the images and the moderators of the database could find the added information if a record isn't complete.

Posted

Makes me feel better that each record is looked at multiple times - at least I'll know what "Botanical Foray" means in the future! Thanks, riskingraisin and El_Lion.

Posted