Notes From Nature Talk

Entries not being captured

• Rose_Queen by Rose_Queen

I just started transcribing tonight. None of the records allow me to input the county where the specimen was collected. I get an icon like a cross with arrowheads on each end when I try to put the cursor in the field. On the two records I've transcribed so far, when I click "finish," it tells me I still have nine empty fields yet to complete, but I've filled in all but the County when I click "finish," so that's not a valid error message. I don't allow third-party cookies on my PC, so I'm wondering if that might be the problem? If not, what could be causing it not to recognize the entries I've transcribed? I don't want to keep transcribing and clicking "finish" if your system is recording a completely empty record.

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

I've not heard of this problem before, are you clicking OK after each entry? Is your entry count increasing? Maybe a one off problem that will sort itself?

Posted

• Rose_Queen by Rose_Queen

I can't click OK because it's overlaid with the text for "skip this field." I think this is an artefact of Firefox, as I've had similar display problems on other sites. I had been just advancing by clicking the little field 1/9, 2/9, etc., but apparently that wasn't capturing the data. Tonight, I clicked "enter" after each entry and it did capture the data. I presume the other two records that I input which didn't capture will be input by someone else so there's enough redundancy to capture each record.

Do you know if there's a way to return to a field after you've input it?

Posted

• darryluk by darryluk

If you click on the 1/9 2/9 etc you can then click on the field in the pop up list and amend it, but once you have left a record you can't go back.

Posted