Notes From Nature Talk

Contradictory and Missing Information

• carolely by carolely

There are labels placed on top of the original information on this sheet. I assume I should enter the most recent information. Also, I thought there was missing information from the part I had dragged on, but now it looks like there was more information under the County that I did not see on my screen when I was entering data. I tried to go back to the same place by clicking "Return to classifying" but it sent me back to the beginning and I had to start over.

I am having trouble navigating the site I guess. I have filled out some of the records more than once and the site doesn't seem to remember which ones I have done. Also, it seems to forget how many I have done every time I click on "Return to Classifying."

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted

• xairbusdriver by xairbusdriver

There are labels placed on top of the original information on this sheet. I assume I should enter the most recent information.

I've seen a person of some authority suggest that the latest species name should be used. However, I'm still not positive about the other data. I would think most of the original information should be maintained (location, collector, habitat, date, etc.).

Also, I thought there was missing information from the part I had dragged on

The software will only display a fixed rectangular area of the image/specimen. It will, therefore, require more than one drawing to get all the info.

I have filled out some of the records more than once and the site doesn't seem to remember which ones I have done. Also, it seems to forget how many I have done every time I click on "Return to Classifying."

Many have seen the same behavior. Some of it was caused by a bug in the software, some of it was caused by the user (including me! 😃 ). I think you will see this less and less as other bugs are fixed (specimenized?!) and you become more proficient with the site. Don't give up!

Unfortunately, I don't have much hope for the behavior of the "Return to Classifying" button. My only suggestion is to try using a command/control/right-click when you click the "Discuss" button. That should take you to a new tap or window instead of opening the forums in the window with the specimen. When you want to go back to classifying, simply click the original tab or window and do NOT use the "Return to Classifying" button.

The best way to find out your 'score' is to return to the 'home' page and sign in, again. You should then see a navigation menu with your user name as the last (right-most) item. Click that and you may be taken to a page with your 'score.' However, don't be surprised if you get a request to sign in, yet again! [rolleyes] Eventually, you will find you 'score.'

Good luck! Hope that helps a bit!

Posted