Notes From Nature Talk

Year

• laveol by laveol

Says it was found in 1997, but there is no such year in the dropdown menu

Posted

• xairbusdriver by xairbusdriver

Same here (on a different specimen), year was 1999. The drop down list stops at 1995. Nor was I able to manually enter a year. I thought at least one mentioned typing the first letter of a State (for example) to get the actual item in the menu/drop down list. That usually works in plain html but the page may be using Flash or javascript for that action. I may need to edit my blocking plugins since I have both those "technologies" blocked.

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to xairbusdriver's comment.

Our bad - we've just changed the year range to include more recent dates.

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• xairbusdriver by xairbusdriver in response to arfon's comment.

Thanks! 😉

I'll probably need to reload the page to get the update. But I also discovered that I COULD enter a year outside the listed range. OTOH, you may have updated the error checking on the server side even though I had the old list displaying. "Two ships in the night?" LOL!

An aside, I tried to edit my post just now to add the "Thanks" but the 'Edit' button did not work. Fortunately, the 'Remove' button did and as I had copied my original post I just pasted it in to the new "Respond" posting window.

Now, I'm wondering if I am clicking faster than I'm thinking!!! Are there actually TWO separate buttons ("Edit" AND "Remove")? Or is it one button with two options on the pop-up dialog? :headbash:

Posted

• xairbusdriver by xairbusdriver in response to xairbusdriver's comment.

No, it's definitely two different links/buttons. "Edit" is not working for me. Neither is "Respond" but that be SOP in one's own post? Or, perhaps there is a timing property that needs the posting software update all the records and relationships? Oh well, I hope to stop talking and get back to typing (ever so slowly, in my case! [blush] ).

BTW, the 'Show Preview" DOES work!

Posted

• Mikerollem by Mikerollem

The year is 2 digits - 92 I've assumed 1992 but could it be 1892? That old Y2K never goes away.

Posted

• Austinmast by Austinmast

If you'd like to check when the collector was active, you can do a search at http://herbarium.bio.fsu.edu/search-specimens.php. This link is most useful for the FSU specimens that are on Notes from Nature now.

Posted

• Mikerollem by Mikerollem

Hi that seems to relate to plants. I'm doing bugs. Is there any chance of having a database of collectors and when they were active? If the year has 2 digits then that database could be searched to find the full 4 digit date. Or is that just too much trouble? I don't like having to make a decision based on little information. And whether it's 1892 or 1992 is obviously very significant.

Posted