Notes From Nature Talk

another completed project? (Texas herbarium)

• am.zooni by am.zooni

I see that the Texas herbarium project panel now says that it's complete. Is that new or did I just manage not to notice it before?

If it IS new, congratulations on whoever handles these things for changes a NfN project's status to complete WITHOUT locking us out from signing in to NfN!

Sorry - not much though! - for the sarcasm, but it was getting to be an unfortunate pattern.

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

Yup, just got finished some time during yesterday UK time! And it looks like the lock-people-out issue is fixed too - thanks!

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

Great to hear that the issue is fixed! One of our programmers made a small change to the code so that the collection gets automatically moved to the completed section once it is ... well ... complete.

P.S. As far as I am concerned sarcasm is not discouraged here!

Posted

• am.zooni by am.zooni

Hey @md68135, if you can find out who that programmer is, please pass on my (our) thanks and give him/her a pat on the back.

I was a programmer for many years and while they get blamed for things they mess up and often for things unrelated to their work, they very rarely get any praise or credit. S/he may well say that the change was small, but surprisingly often what's a small and simple change for you as a programmer can make life TONS easier for the users of the software.

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist in response to am.zooni's comment.

Thanks. I will certainly do that!

Posted