Notes From Nature Talk

How do we get to -4 images?

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

-4 Herbarium images? How does that work then?

I feel quite bereft with no plants to transcribe...

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

I'm guessing it has to do with open transcription sessions that were submitted after a long time. Scenario: with Active Images: 1 someone walks away from one open in their browser. After a timeout the system hands out that image to someone else and it gets completed so the count goes to zero. Then the first person returns and submits it when the count is zero. Interface dutifully decrements and it's at -1 now, except it seems to be going in blocks of -4 so one late is causing the whole record to be resubmitted. It's down to -24 currently.

Barring official word this is my story and I'm stickin' to it. :^)

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

@Bonnie123 - thanks! I was thinking about fungi next... will see. Suspect Mr K wins the 'largest plant' badge though.

@Mr. Kevvy, I like the theory. Is it possible to extrapolate from that and predict a worldwide number of open Herbarium browser sessions? Am I being way too geeky here?

Posted

• md68135 by md68135 scientist

Hi All,
    I actually am not sure myself, but I like @Mr Kevvy's explanation and am sticking to it as well : )

My first choice are the herbarium specimens, but I enjoy doing the fungi as well! There will be more herbarium images coming soon and yes I sincerely appreciate all of your efforts!

Posted