Notes From Nature Talk

Appears there's a new badge: "Mature Tree"

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

It just appeared on my profile... it's for 1,000 transcriptions. And about time too... a cutoff of 250 was a little underwhelming. (You can see your badges if you click on Return to classifying and then your name at the top-right.)

"Mature tree? I'll have you know I'm in my prime!" :^)

Are there any more new ones anyone's seen for even higher numbers?

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57

Woo, I'm a mature tree! Though some of my nearest and dearest might say "immature" from time to time 😃

Posted

• wreness by wreness

My transcription numbers never have been accurate and still jump around, don't record correctly or erase on me. It says I have a bit over 3100 records transcribed (I have lots more) but only have the Seedling badge. I gave up trying to get it fixed ages ago. I don't need no stinkin' badges 😃 (congrats, you two!)

Posted

• HelenBennett57 by HelenBennett57 in response to wreness's comment.

Hiya, did you see the request for more details from the tech team, at the end of this thread? http://talk.notesfromnature.org/#/boards/BNN0000002/discussions/DNN00001ze I can't help cos I'm not seeing the bug.

Posted

• El_Lion by El_Lion

I was away for a loooong time, came back and... got the badge. What a nice surprise!
    I also appreciate the other improvements such as the "United States" on the top of the drop-down list. Used to be there at the very beginning and I thought it was very handy. So making it disappear into the list was probably "politically correct" but made work a bit harder. So it's good, they changed it back again!

Still, I request more badges. I love those popups with "you just earned..." so, can we pleeeezzzz have some more? puppyeyes

Posted

How about a "Carex swamp" badge, reflecting recent content? froggyeyes

Posted

• Mr._Kevvy by Mr._Kevvy

I want an NSA medal for decrypting Robert Kral's pre-1975 typewriting. 😄

Posted

• El_Lion by El_Lion

😄
    "I survived the Carex Swamp" badge maybe?

Typewriting? Bah! Humbug! You should have experienced all those bad handwritings earlier in the project! We were desperately hoping for a type written one only to get another of those illegible handwritten ones. And it was freezing and dark and we had to walk for miles in the snow, barefoot! You have no idea what it means to suffer!
    😄 How about a "grumpy old grampa" badge? Or a "I was steeled by Ruskin S. Freer's handwriting" badge? 😄

Posted

Love it! I think there should be specific ones for, ooh, over 500 in any one collection; "Ruskin S Freer prima-decoder", "Swamp Survivor"...

I got lucky earlier in the project and mostly got Michel G. Lelong; typewritten, succinct and logical. 50 Ruskin S. Freers = 2000 Michel G. Lelongs.

Posted